Author Topic: Revell  (Read 124252 times)

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Was left standing in front when everyone else took one step back...
  • Global Moderator
  • Putting the "pro" in procrastination since...?
Re: Revell
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2012, 08:37:26 AM »
<...> That gun turret with the sensors just begs to be applied to another vehicle :)  <...>
A Boxer MRAV!  ;)
Cheers,
Moritz

"The appropriate response to reality is to go insane!"

Offline Jacques Deguerre

• Older and fatter but not wiser.
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2012, 04:45:53 AM »
Jeffry, I'd like to see the Fennek done in 1/35 scale too.

As cool as the Puma is, I'm odd in that I'm actually looking forward to Revell's new Leo 2A6M. This is an all-new tool that replaces the older, Italeri-based kit. So far, the details look nice and it seems that it will be significantly cheaper than Tamiya's "A6".

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2012, 11:36:46 AM »
I actually have a 1/35 Fennek. It it is an all metal, pre-built one. Will still be getting a repaint in the future though...
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Diavel

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2012, 06:50:02 AM »
I have never looked closely at the revell 1/35th stuff, but was wondering is the choice of window material the same as the 1/72nd scale stuff as I really can not stand the thin plastic film that is a nightmare to cut to the correct shape, let alone instal without covering in glue. I have a truck sat waiting for its windows as I really can not face doing them. I built a 1/72nd Fennek and the windscreen decided to fall out, never to be reinstalled again  :icon_twisted:
Chris
Just call me the thread killer.

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2012, 12:14:28 AM »
Some first quarter news for 2013! LINK

Mostly repops or conversions. All-new kits and the rest of the year will probably be announced on New Year's Day or at the Toy Fair in Nuremberg.
Really looking forward to that Stridsvagn 122 in 1/72!  8) Also glad to see the "Solo Türk" and further Tornado Tigermeet versions.
Cheers,
Moritz

Offline Spey Phantom

• 1/144 addict
  • the modeler formerly known as Nils.
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2012, 03:21:06 AM »
the F-89 Scorpoin looks like a good build, Belgium concidered it, but went for the CF-100 instead.
would make a rather cool loking Belgian AF Nightfighter  8)

the Ju52 in 1/144 is going on the wishlist aswell.
on the bench:
-various models

on the drawing board:
-various 1/72 TinTin aircraft
-1/72 Eurocopter Tiger (Belgian Army)
-various other 1/72 and 1/144 aircraft

Online Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2012, 03:30:32 AM »
the F-89 Scorpoin looks like a good build, Belgium concidered it, but went for the CF-100 instead.
would make a rather cool loking Belgian AF Nightfighter  8)

I like that!  The F-89 was never used operationally in anything but ADC Gray or NMF so it would look good in the camouflage and markings of the CF-100.  Excellent what-if and so simple to make. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Daryl J.

• Assures us he rarely uses model glue in dentistry
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2012, 04:15:04 AM »
Yep.  Me too. 
kwyxdxLg5T

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Holding Pattern
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2012, 05:07:35 AM »
Sign me up for the Scorpion and the Tante Ju!

A Ju-52 in 1/144 has so many possibilities!

Brian da Basher

Offline The Big Gimper

• Any model will look better in RCAF, SEAC or FAA markings
  • Global Moderator
  • Cut. Cut. Cut. Measure. Cut. Cut. Crap. Toss.
    • Photobucket Modeling Album
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2012, 06:35:31 AM »
The great John Lacey  a few years ago was kind enough indulge my desire for a stronger RCAF to support Canadian Sovereignty including the F-89 . No rogue rabid racoons are getting across the border:

« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 06:55:11 AM by The Big Gimper »
Work in progress ::

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

User and abuser of Bothans...

Online Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2012, 02:07:18 AM »
In-box review available to view at Hyperscale for the Revell 1:32nd scale Westland Sea Lynx Mk.88A (Kit Number 04652) courtesy of Phil Parsons and Brett Green
Click on html or image to view

Link to main page at Hyperscale
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline jcf

• Global Moderator
  • Turn that Gila-copter down!
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2012, 03:26:30 AM »
Sign me up for the Scorpion and the Tante Ju!

A Ju-52 in 1/144 has so many possibilities!

Brian da Basher

Eduard's 1/144 Ju 52 has been available for a few years, and they are releasing it in a civil version.
I have the kit and it's OK, but nothing great. Most sources figure that the Revell kit is a re-box of the
Eduard.
“Conspiracy theory’s got to be simple.
Sense doesn’t come into it. People are
more scared of how complicated shit
actually is than they ever are about
whatever’s supposed to be behind the
conspiracy.”
-The Peripheral, William Gibson 2014

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Holding Pattern
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2012, 09:08:34 AM »
Thanks for the info, Mr JCF! I thought I'd heard about a 1/144 Ju-52 before, but sometimes my memory is a bit foggy.

I wonder if there will really be much difference between the military & civil kits. Of course, I'm really hoping the civil version will have some lovely, streamlined spats!
 :-* :-* :-*
If it does, I'll be tempted to report to them that mine had some "missing" parts...
 ;)
Brian da Basher

Offline jcf

• Global Moderator
  • Turn that Gila-copter down!
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2012, 10:09:28 AM »
If done properly it will have many differences as the civil and military versions were very different aircraft.
Revell's 1/48 civil version is a proper airliner version, unlike Italeri's 1/72 kit which is a hybrid between the
airliner and military transport versions.

Here is the newsleter with the civil variant info, note, however, that it shows the same sprue drawing as the military versions sans spats.

http://www.eduard.com/store/out/media/distributors/leaflet/leaflet2013-01.pdf#page5

I wonder how many folks will build D-ANAL?  ;D
“Conspiracy theory’s got to be simple.
Sense doesn’t come into it. People are
more scared of how complicated shit
actually is than they ever are about
whatever’s supposed to be behind the
conspiracy.”
-The Peripheral, William Gibson 2014

Offline Brian da Basher

• Holding Pattern
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2012, 10:02:49 PM »
I'm really hoping that sprue drawing is wrong, Mr JCF. There's something about having box art that shows such lovely spats but not having any in the kit that bothers me.

Brian da Basher

Offline Volkodav

• Counts rivits with his abacus...
  • Much older now...but procrastinating about it
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2012, 06:48:13 PM »
1/700 HMS Tiger, unless I am greatly mistaken it is the old Matchbox kit.

http://www.revell.com/germany/ships/80-5116.html

I need several of these, just need to wait until I move house.

Online Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2012, 12:13:25 PM »
In-box review available to view at CyberModeler for the Revell 1:35th scale SPz PUMA (Kit Number 3096) courtesy of  Sundiata Cowels

Click on html or thumbnail image to view.

Link to main page at CyberModeler

Offline Rickshaw

• "Of course, I could be talking out of my hat"
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2012, 02:56:48 PM »
Does anybody else see something odd about the side of the mantlet on that painting?  It looks like it has two separate elevating sections, not in alignment. 

Offline Gingie

• The LAV sausage-maker…goes nice with a home made beer I understand
  • Has been to Tatooine...
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2012, 11:13:54 PM »
I thought the same thing about the box art. Not sure if its just wonky angles, or if the assembly had independent elevation mechanisms?

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2012, 01:23:15 AM »
Do you mean the lattice-like cover of the main gun and the solid box next to it? The solid box houses the coaxial 5.56mm (what were they thinking?) MG4 and doesn't move independently.
Cheers,
Moritz

Offline Rickshaw

• "Of course, I could be talking out of my hat"
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2012, 12:46:06 PM »
I mean the solid "box" structure to the left of the gun in both the painting and the photo (on the right side, if in alignment with the front of the turret, facing forwards).  To me, it appears to be an odd shape/angle, almost as if is elevating separate to the main gun, surrounded by its lattice-like support structure. 

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2012, 02:51:18 PM »
 :) Yup, that's the housing of the MG4, coaxial to the main gun.
I also think it looks odd. On the Revell box it almost looks like there's a kink in the main gun.  ;D
Cheers,
Moritz

Online Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2012, 03:34:48 AM »
Kit review uploaded to Modellversium.de showing the contents of the Revell Germany 1:48th scale Bell UH-1D SAR/Heeresflieger (kit number 04452) courtesy of Roland Kunze. 

Click on thumbnail image or html above to view.

Nice kit that has its origins with the Italeri UH-1D/UH-1H kit but improved upon by Revell with additional parts on a separate sprue for the SAR version.

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2012, 08:52:50 AM »
:) Yup, that's the housing of the MG4, coaxial to the main gun.
I also think it looks odd. On the Revell box it almost looks like there's a kink in the main gun.  ;D

I just got this kit and the boxtop artwork seems a little misleading. The main gun barrel runs along the lower part of the trapezoidial latticework and it doesn't look as kinked in the instructions (or plastic). This is a big vehicle, too - it looks comparable in size to a MBT like the Leo II or an M1.

Online Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2012, 09:36:49 AM »
<snip>- it looks comparable in size to a MBT like the Leo II or an M1.
Right about that.  There is a test vehicle rocking a Leopard 1 turret and it looks right at home on the Puma hull.