General Category > Good/Bad Trader Alerts

Humbrol Acrylic Spray Varnish - Doing My Head In!

<< < (3/3)

Claymore:
Well, just took delivery of my new acrylic satin varnish rattle can from MTN by Montana Colours (made in Spain) and distributed in the U.K. by SuspectPackageDotCom Ltd in Manchester - 400 ml for £4.94. So, over twice as much as the old Humbrol offering and less than half the price. 

Straight out to the garage to try it out - awesome! Stinks a bit but absolutely no sign of white residue - perfect.  Will definitely use them again. 👍😎👍

Robomog:

--- Quote from: Claymore on August 22, 2023, 01:04:31 AM ---Well, just took delivery of my new acrylic satin varnish rattle can from MTN by Montana Colours (made in Spain) and distributed in the U.K. by SuspectPackageDotCom Ltd in Manchester - 400 ml for £4.94. So, over twice as much as the old Humbrol offering and less than half the price. 

Straight out to the garage to try it out - awesome! Stinks a bit but absolutely no sign of white residue - perfect.  Will definitely use them again. 👍😎👍

--- End quote ---

I second this, tried it on three models using the Matt finish and no problem's whatsoever. It does pong a bit and seems to be quite thick when sprayed on, but keep the faith and  just leave it to dry. It does not dry fully matt but has a slight sheen but I can live with that.

This varnish also works well on home made transfers

It can also be used with a silver finish. When first sprayed on the finish appears to turn light gray but as before keep the faith and it returns to silver,  It does take some of the brightness from the finish but for dull aluminium this is a bonus.

Mog
>^-.-^<

Claymore:
Good to hear as I need to order some of their Matt varnish.  :smiley:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version