Author Topic: AZ Model  (Read 35440 times)

Offline KiwiZac

• The Modeller Formerly Known As K5054NZ
Re: AZ Model
« Reply #100 on: August 10, 2022, 04:54:19 AM »
Bravo AZ, what an excellent choice!!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
« Reply #101 on: August 10, 2022, 05:26:51 AM »
The He 162 is a pretty simple aircraft, so this is a good idea, especially in 1/72. Huma was great at this - simple (usually) well designed kits that looked the part. Teir last few kits before they went out of business were outstanding.

Offline The Big Gimper

• Any model will look better in RCAF, SEAC or FAA markings
  • Global Moderator
  • Cut. Cut. Cut. Measure. Cut. Cut. Crap. Toss.
    • Photobucket Modeling Album
« Reply #102 on: September 07, 2022, 06:28:59 PM »
Further research into the upcoming He 162 release appears to show that all 6 kits share the same sprue. It's only the markings which are different.

If the Scalemates spure shots are correct, AZ is providing the sprues same for each kit. And the kit History is showing one "New tool" with 5 "New decals".
https://www.scalemates.com/kits/az-model-az7821-heinkel-he-162a-2--1431293

I hope this is the case as decals notwithstanding just find and buy the cheapest version of the 6 kits.

And get these decal sheets while still available:

« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 08:17:42 PM by The Big Gimper »
Work in progress ::

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

User and abuser of Bothans...

Offline Chris

• An old friend and connoisseur of whiffing...
« Reply #103 on: September 07, 2022, 08:42:09 PM »
Most of AZ's recent issues have used a common sprue for different versions of the aircraft, so you get loads of spares. The Me 109 K's offer two complete fuselages and the H two sets of wings amongst the myriad other spares that come with them. The Tempest Vi and II come with engines/cowlings for both marques in the box so if you are building 2 Mk II's as I am then you get 2 spare Sabres for other projects.

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • Holding Pattern
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding...
« Reply #104 on: September 07, 2022, 09:24:42 PM »
That's interesting Chris, Dream Model has gone the same route. I bought their UH-1Y just before my world turned upside down, it comes with a complete AH-1Z kit in it. You're supposed to use a bunch of bits that are common between the two to build the UH-1Y

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #105 on: September 07, 2022, 10:33:02 PM »
Most of AZ's recent issues have used a common sprue for different versions of the aircraft, so you get loads of spares. The Me 109 K's offer two complete fuselages and the H two sets of wings amongst the myriad other spares that come with them. The Tempest Vi and II come with engines/cowlings for both marques in the box so if you are building 2 Mk II's as I am then you get 2 spare Sabres for other projects.

Good catch Chris.  The MK Vs do not have the extra cowling. So before I buy a kit from AZ, I head over to Super-Hobby and check out the sprue photos.

IE: https://ca.super-hobby.com/products/Hawker-Tempest-F.6-Silver-wings.html
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 07:10:01 PM by The Big Gimper »

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
    • My new webpage
« Reply #106 on: September 07, 2022, 11:21:15 PM »
The He-162 looks good, although the number of parts may cause fit issues, since this is a short run kit. The panel lines on the fuselage look wide but shallow, which is fine since the real airplane was pretty smooth. I saw the He 162 at Planes of Fame and was amazed at how tiny it is:

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #107 on: September 08, 2022, 12:16:21 AM »
The He-162 looks good, although the number of parts may cause fit issues, since this is a short run kit. The panel lines on the fuselage look wide but shallow, which is fine since the real airplane was pretty smooth. I saw the He 162 at Planes of Fame and was amazed at how tiny it is:

Trivia: My mom's pet name for me was "Spatz" which is Swallow which was the name given to the plane by the Heinkel aviation firm.

An example of her usage was: Spatz! Bring deinen kleinen Arsch sofort hierher!

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #108 on: September 08, 2022, 08:02:41 AM »
An example of her usage was: Spatz! Bring deinen kleinen Arsch sofort hierher!

Why am I not surprised? ??? ;)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #109 on: January 10, 2023, 11:41:18 PM »
The AZ guys are going to empty my wallet this year!

https://www.modelarovo.cz/kovozavody-prostejov-a-azmodel-novinky-na-prvni-ctvrtleti-roku-2023/

They just announced no less than 10 new He-162 kits/boxings!!

A two seater:

Up to 6 Pulse Jet designs:

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #110 on: May 24, 2023, 02:22:27 AM »

« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 01:30:22 AM by GTX_Admin »
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline robunos

• Can't afford the top wing of his biplanes...
« Reply #111 on: May 24, 2023, 02:46:44 AM »
one for me . . .   8)

cheers,
Robin.
By the pricking of my thumbs, Something Whiff-y this way comes . . .

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #112 on: May 24, 2023, 08:10:43 PM »
So what I see is that a P-51D is shot down by Fi 167?

Someone is really lousy pilot and/or a really good one.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #113 on: May 24, 2023, 08:38:04 PM »
So what I see is that a P-51D is shot down by Fi 167?

Someone is really lousy pilot and/or a really good one.

It would have to be both, one or the other just wouldn't cut it.
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #114 on: May 25, 2023, 01:17:31 AM »
From Wikipedia but referencing "Croatian Aces of World War II Osprey Aircraft of the Aces - 49",  ISBN 1-84176-435-3:

The Fi 167's short-field landing and load-carrying abilities made it ideal for transporting ammunition and other supplies to besieged Croatian Army garrisons, between their arrival in September 1944 and the end of the war.
During one such mission, near Sisak on 10 October 1944, an Fi 167 of the Air Force of the Independent State of Croatia, flown by eight-kill ace nar Bozidar Bartulovic, was attacked by five North American Mustang Mk IIIs of No. 213 Squadron RAF. Three Mustangs' pilots, Sqn Ldr Clifford Vos and Sgts D.E. Firman and W.E. Mould, claimed a "single engined biplane, possibly a Fi 167" over Martinska Ves. Bartulovic was wounded in the head and the aircraft set alight, but Bartulovic's gunner, Mate Jurkovic, before bailing out, claimed one of the Mustangs. British records stated that Mould's aircraft was hit in the combat and wrecked in a subsequent crash-landing, possibly one of the last biplane "kills" of the war.

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #115 on: September 01, 2023, 05:00:05 AM »
Some 1/72 new and old-new releases from AZ: https://www.modelarovo.cz/novinky-kovozavodu-prostejov-a-azmodel-na-zari/

I like this art work. Note the Hawker P.1048 Nice touch.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2023, 06:00:35 AM by The Big Gimper »

Offline Rickshaw

• "Of course, I could be talking out of my hat"
« Reply #116 on: September 01, 2023, 01:37:04 PM »
From Wikipedia but referencing "Croatian Aces of World War II Osprey Aircraft of the Aces - 49",  ISBN 1-84176-435-3:

The Fi 167's short-field landing and load-carrying abilities made it ideal for transporting ammunition and other supplies to besieged Croatian Army garrisons, between their arrival in September 1944 and the end of the war.
During one such mission, near Sisak on 10 October 1944, an Fi 167 of the Air Force of the Independent State of Croatia, flown by eight-kill ace nar Bozidar Bartulovic, was attacked by five North American Mustang Mk IIIs of No. 213 Squadron RAF. Three Mustangs' pilots, Sqn Ldr Clifford Vos and Sgts D.E. Firman and W.E. Mould, claimed a "single engined biplane, possibly a Fi 167" over Martinska Ves. Bartulovic was wounded in the head and the aircraft set alight, but Bartulovic's gunner, Mate Jurkovic, before bailing out, claimed one of the Mustangs. British records stated that Mould's aircraft was hit in the combat and wrecked in a subsequent crash-landing, possibly one of the last biplane "kills" of the war.

Wikipedia further elaborates:

Croatia

During one such mission, near Sisak on 10 October 1944, an Fi 167 of the Air Force of the Independent State of Croatia, flown by eight-kill ace nar Bozidar Bartulovic,[5] was attacked by five North American Mustang Mk IIIs of No. 213 Squadron RAF. Three Mustangs' pilots, Sqn Ldr Clifford Vos and Sgts D.E. Firman and W.E. Mould, claimed a "single engined biplane, possibly a Fi 167" over Martinska Ves. Bartulovic was wounded in the head and the aircraft set alight, but Bartulovic's gunner, Mate Jurkovic, before bailing out, claimed one of the Mustangs. British records stated that Mould's aircraft was hit in the combat and wrecked in a subsequent crash-landing, possibly one of the last biplane "kills" of the war.[6]
[Source]

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #117 on: September 03, 2023, 02:10:04 AM »
Some 1/72 new and old-new releases from AZ: https://www.modelarovo.cz/novinky-kovozavodu-prostejov-a-azmodel-na-zari/

I like this art work. Note the Hawker P.1048 Nice touch.

Other versions:

Offline Chris

• An old friend and connoisseur of whiffing...
« Reply #118 on: September 03, 2023, 05:55:32 PM »
I've got a couple of the AZ He 162 kits (the C & D) and whilst not up to the Special Hobby kits standard they are nice "comfortable" builds, with some nice markings options.

Offline Gingie

• The LAV sausage-maker…goes nice with a home made beer I understand
  • Has been to Tatooine...
« Reply #119 on: September 07, 2023, 02:03:11 AM »
This one needs a nose-mounted gatling gun!

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
« Reply #120 on: September 08, 2023, 06:20:12 AM »
Neato  :smiley:

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
    • My new webpage
« Reply #121 on: September 08, 2023, 11:10:47 AM »
All those He-162s with pulsejets would probably vibrate apart or delaminate from the sonic energy put out by the engines.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #122 on: September 09, 2023, 01:41:34 AM »
All those He-162s with pulsejets would probably vibrate apart or delaminate from the sonic energy put out by the engines.

That was a potential risk as highlighted with the development of the Me 328.  That said, if any of these had entered service it would probably had been at a time when their life expectancy was short anyway.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #123 on: December 14, 2023, 01:20:29 AM »
Someone has Bf-109s on their mind...

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
    • My new webpage
« Reply #124 on: December 14, 2023, 01:42:10 AM »
A Bf-109! Wow, I thought I'd never see the day that airplane would appear in plastic....