Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Land / Re: 1/35 Hitachi Wheel Loader ZW100-6
« Last post by Frank3k on Today at 12:31:50 AM »
Their 1/35 engineering vehicle line is pretty extensive. I know Ramba has built the ZC50C-5 roller.

@Guy - did you use the decals for the cabin windows? Those have been the kit's greatest weakness, so far.
Land / Re: Royal Australian Marines Vickers Medium Tank Mk.II*
« Last post by Story on Yesterday at 11:14:46 PM »

After roaring out "WILFRED, COME HERE!", I took a few breaths & calmed down (a bit). Wilf didn't "come here", he apparently hid behind his mother on the lounge, but she brought him to my modelling room & he was admonished (possibly) appropriately, whilst I picked up the bits & gave them a cursory once-over.

Is spanking still a parental tool?

Also, locked doors are a wonderful thing.
New Model Kit News/Reviews / Re: Roden
« Last post by Story on Yesterday at 11:07:31 PM »
This cries out to be done up in Luftwaffe colors with the right 7,92mms.

https://www.themodellingnews.com/2024/02/this-time-in-135-rodens-big-vomag.html

Inspiration

Land / Re: Royal Australian Marines Vickers Medium Tank Mk.II*
« Last post by Old Wombat on Yesterday at 09:47:44 PM »
Started getting this ready for the next few shots of paint this evening ..... After checking it over thoroughly for possible damage.

My eldest daughter & both grandsons were over from Port Lincoln last week (first time seeing the newest addition), which was nice. ;D

However, about mid-week, the eldest grandson (approx. 2yrs 8mths of age) discovered my modelling room - which he was promptly told not to enter without Grandpa being there. Being a typical 2 year old, he decided that this did not apply to him if I wasn't watching. The following day I went into the modelling room to get something for something (I can't remember what) & saw the Mk.II spread across the floor in pieces.

After roaring out "WILFRED, COME HERE!", I took a few breaths & calmed down (a bit). Wilf didn't "come here", he apparently hid behind his mother on the lounge, but she brought him to my modelling room & he was admonished (possibly) appropriately, whilst I picked up the bits & gave them a cursory once-over.

Anyway, I didn't look at it again until today & confirmed that nothing was actually broken, it had just come apart into the pieces that had been dry-fitted together so I could see how it looked.

Now there are various bits awaiting various colours, & a couple of bits that need the camouflage process applied to them.

Hopefully I'll get started on that tomorrow.
Land / Re: Logistical Carriers, Recovery Vehicles, Field Repair Shops, Etc.
« Last post by ChalkLine on Yesterday at 09:43:29 PM »
Interesting view of the interior of an M88A2 recovery vehicle which is probably applicable to all vehicles.

Of note is the varying shades of white on the different panels which might be useful for giving some variation to the usual white or green splodge interiors

« Last post by Mig Eater on Yesterday at 09:21:56 PM »
Hasegawa have released quite a few engineering vehicles in 1/35 in the last few years, I've been tempted to get one and convert it into some mad max monstrosity. Looking forward to seeing how your build goes.
Swords to Plowshares GB / Re: Swords to Plowshares Physical Creations Poll
« Last post by Claymore on Yesterday at 07:13:13 PM »
Congratulations one and all - great concepts and so well engineered and finished!  :-* :smiley:
« Last post by Old Wombat on Yesterday at 05:55:12 PM »
Yeah, I could have told you those Hasegawa Hitachi kits are not "simple", having built the 1/35 Hitachi Astaco NEO Double Arm Working Machine (well, the cab & arm part, anyway) for this;

Profiles and Pixels / Re: Litvyak's profiles
« Last post by Litvyak on Yesterday at 04:42:18 PM »
Been doing a really deep dive into Utari Mosir... https://dominionofbc.miraheze.org/wiki/Utari_Mosir, like, deep: dove down not only into what mining actually happens there but into what minerals are found in the islands and where, to determine what mining there is plausible... along with other economic endeavours (rice growing, fisheries, etc)... did a bunch of stuff on transportation (roads and airports), some stuff on sport there... next step is to draw AAA/CAA-style road maps for the islands, this will be fun. :)
« Last post by Buzzbomb on Yesterday at 02:20:33 PM »
snappy build already. Not seen this before.. so a welcome build review  :smiley:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10