Author Topic: Story's Stir-Crazy "Let's Get This Done" projects.  (Read 8484 times)

Offline Story

• Nicht mein Zirkus, nicht meine Affen...
Re: Story's Stir-Crazy "Let's Get This Done" projects.
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2022, 05:12:39 AM »
Since we're doing the TAMIYA M8 model, this is a salvage that found it's way to my workship. The .50 needed to be remounted, the tracks twin-pin joiners heat-soldered and some of the deck stowage reattached.

I'd gone through the whole WIFF process; 57mm AT gun testbed? Tunisian post-war turret mated to an Sdkfz 251? ChiCom ex-Nationalist Chinese? 

Forty + year old kit, done decently for most folks. https://www.scalemates.com/kits/tamiya-mm210-m8-howitzer-motor-carriage--786866
Meh.  Then I just fixed the outstanding issues so as to move it forward.

I might get around to changing the unit markings, but it's now moved to the 'Export' shelf (where displayable items slated to get gifted to someone else reside).

What's interesting is the quality of work on this one - not bad, despite the exaggerated battle damage.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 05:16:33 AM by Story »

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2022, 07:36:16 AM »
That looks good. The 0.50 cal really shows how tiny the M3/M5 was.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2022, 08:59:18 AM »
 :smiley:
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Ramba

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2022, 11:00:51 PM »
Looking good!