Author Topic: well, this is weird . . .  (Read 2050 times)

Offline robunos

• Can't afford the top wing of his biplanes...
well, this is weird . . .
« on: July 08, 2023, 05:59:37 AM »
well, this is weird . . . For various reasons, I've had to change the browser I use, and now I find that I can't format my Posts the way I want to nor can I copy and paste from a text editor . . .

EDIT: I can do it in my old browser . . .

cheers,
Robin.
By the pricking of my thumbs, Something Whiff-y this way comes . . .

Offline Kerick

• Reportedly finished with a stripper...
Re: well, this is weird . . .
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2023, 08:07:53 AM »
Gremlins. Instead of aircraft they live in computers now.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2023, 10:54:58 AM »
well, this is weird . . . For various reasons, I've had to change the browser I use, and now I find that I can't format my Posts the way I want to nor can I copy and paste from a text editor . . .

EDIT: I can do it in my old browser . . .

cheers,
Robin.
What browser were you using (old) and what browser are you now using (new)?  Knowing this might allow us to sort this out. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline perttime

• The man has produced a Finnish Napier Heston Fighter...need we say more?
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2023, 01:18:35 PM »
... and is it on a PC, Mac, tablet, phone, or other ....

Offline robunos

• Can't afford the top wing of his biplanes...
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2023, 04:21:01 AM »

Apologies for the lack of details in my last post, it was late, and I was both tired and frustrated . . .
Basically, I've been using Chrome on Windows 11 for quite some time, and quite happy with it, but then I started getting problems with slow loading of pages, pages failing to load at all, and various error mesages such as 'Out of Memory', which is strange as my PC has 16Gb RAM.
Googling around suggested the problem was to do with a slow Internet connection ( I've changed to a cheaper ISP for financial reasons), and that changing browser would cure this.
So I changed to Firefox, and everything's been fine, EXCEPT, when I come to copy a message I've written in a Text Editor into the Reply box on the forum, I an unable to. The 'Copy, Cut, Paste' context menu does not appear when I right click, whereas it does in Chrome . . .
Also, when I tried to add my usual

cheers,
Robin.

signature, it would not let me add the Return between the two words. No matter how I parsed it, it always came out on one line,

cheers, Robin.

Ironically, having gone back to Chrome in order to post these messages, Chrome appears to be working normally again, no lag, failed loads, or error messages . . . I don't get it . . .

cheers,
Robin.
By the pricking of my thumbs, Something Whiff-y this way comes . . .

Offline perttime

• The man has produced a Finnish Napier Heston Fighter...need we say more?
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2023, 02:14:11 PM »
That just reminded me to check the Temporary Files on my Firefox/Windows 10....

Having lots of them can affect things. I seem to have 1Gb of them, and am deleting them now. They are supposed to speed up the loading of pages ... until they start causing issues. I find them under security settings.