Current and Finished Projects > Profiles and Pixels

Wyrmshadow's Assorted Whifs

<< < (36/36)

Wyrmshadow:
another flying shot
13mm door mguns firing

Old Wombat:
I'd suggest half your problem is blade length/number.

Looking at how close to the fuselage those engines are the prop's must be really short!

To get any thrust out of them you'll need to either move them much further out or fit 5 or 6 blades to the propeller - probably similar to short versions of the square-tipped Mustang blades.

Wyrmshadow:

--- Quote from: Old Wombat on November 25, 2023, 10:05:59 PM ---I'd suggest half your problem is blade length/number.

Looking at how close to the fuselage those engines are the prop's must be really short!

To get any thrust out of them you'll need to either move them much further out or fit 5 or 6 blades to the propeller - probably similar to short versions of the square-tipped Mustang blades.

--- End quote ---

It's a pusher prop in the back. There is nothing attached to the engine nacelles. I did increase the blade length and that helped a little. At the moment it's really back heavy. I have to trim the pitch a lot.

apophenia:

--- Quote from: Wyrmshadow on November 26, 2023, 12:28:06 AM ---It's a pusher prop in the back. There is nothing attached to the engine nacelles. I did increase the blade length and that helped a little. At the moment it's really back heavy. I have to trim the pitch a lot.

--- End quote ---

Okay ... so those podded engines shaft-drive both the contra-rotating rotors and the compound pusher prop?

Wyrmshadow:

--- Quote from: apophenia on November 26, 2023, 05:07:00 AM ---
--- Quote from: Wyrmshadow on November 26, 2023, 12:28:06 AM ---It's a pusher prop in the back. There is nothing attached to the engine nacelles. I did increase the blade length and that helped a little. At the moment it's really back heavy. I have to trim the pitch a lot.

--- End quote ---

Okay ... so those podded engines shaft-drive both the contra-rotating rotors and the compound pusher prop?

--- End quote ---

Yes. This was my 3D rendered version from last year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version