Author Topic: Revell new-tool Fokker Dr.1 with a hypothetical "Flying Circus" paintjob.  (Read 4133 times)

Offline CSMO

• Don't need no filthy stinking airbrush!
  • Plastic Butcher, & Master of Three-foot Scale.
This is the new Fokker Triplane kit. The paint job is modeled after the sloppy job I did on an Aurora Triplane, inspired by a book on the Red Baron's Flying Circus. as a 9 year-old kid in 1959. It is hypothetical and purely my own idea. I used  several yards of 6mm Tamiya tape, Testors Flat Red & Yellow and Humbrol matte Blue for this one. The kit is OOB with the kit decals and is brush-painted. Adios, Larry.

Field Artillerymen do it with a bigger BANG!

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
So-o, probably an expatriate South Australian German pilot then, given those colours. ;D

(OK, so this is after a defeat but it's still the Adelaide Crows & they're still wearing the SA colours!)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Klaus Wachsmuth

• First "redskin" of WHIF!
Subtlety is not the operative word!  ;D

Excellent paint scheme.

Coyote Wolf Clan, Mohawk Nation, Keeper of the Eastern Door

Offline Volkodav

• Counts rivits with his abacus...
  • Much older now...but procrastinating about it
So-o, probably an expatriate South Australian German pilot then, given those colours. ;D

(OK, so this is after a defeat but it's still the Adelaide Crows & they're still wearing the SA colours!)

or perhaps a German WWI veteran emigrated to the Barossa and became very involved in the local football scene and inspires the selection of the club colours

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
Wow!
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
BTW, if you haven't figured it out, I like the colours! 8)

(@ Volkodav: the Crows wear the SA state sporting colours & I'm fairly sure they predate WW1 (the colours, not the football club).)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline taiidantomcat

• Plastic Origamist...and not too shabby with the painting either!
  • Stylishly late...because he was reading comics
As a big fan of stripes (especially the yellow and red type) I love this!  :-* Even more cool to learn you are recreating a model from your childhood and that you were whiffing all the way back then!!  :)
"They know you can do anything, So the question is, what don't you do?"

-David Fincher

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
That's mighty fine, Larry and certainly one of the most colorful eye-candy Dr.Is I've seen yet!

You should enter it over in the Gret War GB!

Brian da Basher

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline ericr

• He's like some sort of Dr Frankenstein of modelling...
  • Has something for red, yellow or blue...
it is nearly as beautiful as a Mondrian, or as the Calder-painted DC8 of Branniff airlines in the 70s