Author Topic: Re: Airvell 1/72 Avro Winchester B.I/B.III - FINISHED - Pic's pg. 6 & 7  (Read 14477 times)

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
Re: Airvell 1/72 Avro Winchester B.I/B.III
« Reply #100 on: April 09, 2023, 01:34:01 AM »
Walkways done (I hope*). :smiley:

[*: Some of them may need some of the "clear" bits of the transfer trimmed off to minimise the risk of silvering, which I did with a razor for the aircraft ID letters.]
« Last Edit: April 23, 2023, 03:55:36 PM by Old Wombat »
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
Re: Airvell 1/72 Avro Mancaster B.I/B.III
« Reply #101 on: April 10, 2023, 02:45:11 AM »
Transfers/Decals are done!* :D

Next up is gloss coat to seal in the transfers/decals & prep for washes.

After that it's matt coat, weathering & final matt coat.

However, I have to go to a niece's wedding next weekend down in the SE of the state, about 350km from here, & the wife will be coming back from Cummins with the eldest daughter, her partner & my grandson plus 2 dogs on Wednesday. So, the chances of me finishing this before the middle of next week are slim to Buckley's ("none", for those who speaketh not Australian slang).

Still, I shall endeavour to do what I can in the meantime! :smiley:

[*: With the possible/probable exception of having to trim the "clear" bits from a couple more, as per previous post.]
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline FAAMAN

• 'bin building for years ....... and it feels it!
  • Always thought of himself as a 'straight' modeller
« Reply #102 on: April 10, 2023, 06:10:06 AM »
Sounds like fun old son, but really only 350km?
Hope it all goes well  :smiley:
Can't wait to see some pics of the beastly Mancaster. It sure looks good so far  8) 8) 8)
"Resistance is useless, prepare to be assembled!"

Offline apophenia

• Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #103 on: April 10, 2023, 10:38:57 AM »
... slim to Buckley's ("none", for those who speaketh not Australian slang)...

For those of us who struggle with Strine, it doesn't help that Buckley's has two origin stories - VIC and everywhere else  :-\
"It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes." - Agent Rogersz

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #104 on: April 10, 2023, 11:34:44 AM »
Gloss has gone over the top surfaces. :D

I shall now go & do some [shudder] housework while it dries sufficiently before I turn it over. :o

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #105 on: April 10, 2023, 01:53:22 PM »
Gloss has, now, gone on the under surfaces. :smiley:

More housework while I wait for that to dry. :icon_crap:

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #106 on: April 11, 2023, 01:59:20 AM »
Well, that was bloody irritating! :icon_twisted:

Whilst wiping off some oil washes I was trialling, to highlight the panel lines, the port side (left) tail plane just fell off. Sheared off flush with the join to the fuselage. >:D >:D >:D

Luckily, I have brass rod & the bloody-mindedness to get this fixed ..... Tomorrow. I need to get some sleep, right now. ::)

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #107 on: April 11, 2023, 08:38:38 PM »
CA gel, brass rod & Revell Contacta cement applied. All taped into position & hoping like crazy that this works! :icon_alabanza:

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #108 on: April 12, 2023, 01:59:16 AM »
Whilst wiping off some oil washes I was trialling, to highlight the panel lines, the port side (left) tail plane just fell off. Sheared off flush with the join to the fuselage. >:D >:D >:D

You need to wipe less vigorously... ;)
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #109 on: April 12, 2023, 08:57:36 AM »
I was wiping less vigorously, that's what's irritating. I was being very gentle, if I'd been ham-fisted about it I could understand but I was barely touching it. ::)

Anyway, fixed now & seems to be holding. Re-did the wash with dark brown, as the grey I'd used was too light, & this time the tail planes stayed on despite considerably more vigorous wiping. :smiley:

Unlikely to get back to the bench for about a week, family coming (including the grandson) & going to a niece's wedding on the weekend, but I'll try to find some time to take a couple of photo's.

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #110 on: April 12, 2023, 10:30:00 AM »
OK, just a couple of pic's to show where I'm at:

Offline Buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
« Reply #111 on: April 12, 2023, 11:02:37 AM »
 :smiley: :smiley:

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
« Reply #112 on: April 12, 2023, 12:07:43 PM »

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #113 on: April 12, 2023, 01:16:46 PM »
Thank you, gents! :icon_alabanza:

Offline FAAMAN

• 'bin building for years ....... and it feels it!
  • Always thought of himself as a 'straight' modeller
« Reply #114 on: April 12, 2023, 02:11:03 PM »
That's coming along very nicely Wombat  :smiley:
At least you didn't wipe off vigorously enough to send your model plunging into the carpet monster like some one I know  :))
"Resistance is useless, prepare to be assembled!"

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #115 on: April 12, 2023, 09:03:25 PM »
Thanks, Neil! :smiley:

No, but sailor-like profanities thickened the air for quite a few minutes, believe me! ;)

Offline LemonJello

• MARPAT Master
  • Member number 100...WooHoo!!!
« Reply #116 on: April 12, 2023, 09:06:20 PM »
Nice!

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #117 on: April 12, 2023, 10:44:39 PM »
Thanks, mate! :smiley:

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #118 on: April 19, 2023, 08:51:02 PM »
So, after a week away from the bench; I'm ba-ack! :D

First matt coat down & she's lookin' good! :smiley:

Started the (very mild) weathering, which is also looking good! :smiley:

Going back to the workbench in a few minutes to continue. ;)

Offline Buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
« Reply #119 on: April 20, 2023, 05:50:16 AM »
Going back to the workbench in a few minutes to continue. ;)

Make it so !  :smiley:

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
« Reply #120 on: April 20, 2023, 06:07:15 AM »
I know is RW, I just know it !

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #121 on: April 20, 2023, 05:52:23 PM »
Thanks, guys! :icon_alabanza: :icon_alabanza:

Weathering/dirtying is pretty much done (may need a few tweaks here-&-there but nothing more than a couple of dabs).

Going to open up the bomb bay & wheel wells next, & get them sorted before fitting the last of the tiny bits, after which will be a final blast of matt before I fit the turrets & expose the glazing (some of which will need Clearfix to improve their look).

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #122 on: April 22, 2023, 05:41:21 PM »
Landing gear fitted, minus the wheels.

Working on the bombs.

Not too long, now! ;)

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #123 on: April 23, 2023, 09:19:26 AM »
Painting bombs & their markings.

Everything is in fractions of a millimetre! :o :-\

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #124 on: April 23, 2023, 02:14:45 PM »
She's on her feet! :D