Author Topic: Dear Model Company, I would like you to release a kit of...  (Read 238503 times)

Offline Daryl J.

• Assures us he rarely uses model glue in dentistry
Re: Dear Model Company, I would like you to release a kit of...
« Reply #150 on: October 30, 2012, 09:56:59 AM »
Regarding the Sea Fury, I was meaning good ones. ;D

Dear Airfix:   I would like a proper DH-112 Venom  :-* and a Javelin FAW.9 as well, both tooled to the level of the Sea Vixen.     And if Alley Cat Resins wouldn't be quashed, a decent Vampire would be great as well.   There must be a dozen What-if's I'd like to do of the Vampire  :-* :-* and it looks as though Trumpeter stuffed their soon to be released kit.   :-\

Edit:  When the above was written I had *no* idea about the Airfix Javelin and now that the Trumpott Vampire has been released, the kit reminds me of a couple of lines from ''The Life of Brian'':  ''Crucifixion?'' ''Crucifixion.''    :icon_crap:
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 09:54:43 AM by Daryl J. »
kwyxdxLg5T

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #151 on: November 16, 2012, 02:28:24 AM »
-Gulfstream V or 550 bizjet (PREFER 1/48 but any scale, as long as it's one that also has an F-14, a CH-53E and a Pave Low conversion kit available will do).
-Cessna Citation CJ3.
-A-6F Intruder II conversion.
-EA-6B ADVCAP/VEP conversion.
-Tomcat 21 conversion.
-Weapons sets with AGM-130 (be nice if Skunk would upgrade their GBU-15), GBU-28 "Deep Throat", Hellfire with quad-launcher, and Vertical Engagement Racks both straight and Canted (BRU-55/-57).
-1/48 civilian vehicles and figures.

That's a start...
I know that Oz Mods does a 1/72 GBU-28, not sure about any other scales.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #152 on: November 16, 2012, 03:40:21 AM »
-Weapons sets with AGM-130 (be nice if Skunk would upgrade their GBU-15), GBU-28 "Deep Throat", Hellfire with quad-launcher, and Vertical Engagement Racks both straight and Canted (BRU-55/-57).
I know that Oz Mods does a 1/72 GBU-28, not sure about any other scales.

GBU-28 was available in 1:48th scale from HighFlight (Mike Bishop/MB Models)in resin with metal control surfaces.  I have one of these sets in protective custody that was purchased from the American Eagles shop when it was located in Ballard. 
GBU-28 was included in one of the 1/72nd scale AMT-Ertl/ESCI F-111 kits.  Have seen this kit at Emil's off and on over the years. 
AGM-114 Hellfire was available from Verlinden in the resin and metal AH-64 upgrade kit for the Monogram Apache.  No quad launchers as they were in the Monogram kit but it did have some shiny bits for these same launchers.  The resin Hellfire missiles had photo-etched metal fins.
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline LemonJello

• MARPAT Master
  • Member number 100...WooHoo!!!
« Reply #153 on: November 26, 2012, 10:13:07 AM »
Well, I'll throw my ideas out:

1/48 plastic:
B-2 Spirit
A-12 Avenger II
NH-90/Merlin
AH-1Z
UH-1Y
CH/HH-3 Jolly Green Giant

1/35 plastic:
MTVR
M777
AH-1Z
UH-1Y
civilian cars & trucks

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #154 on: November 26, 2012, 10:19:58 AM »
Well there is a Collect-Aire Resin A-12 in 1/48.  You can still find them from time to time (I have 2)

I seem to recall reading that Airfix are going to release a 1/48 Merlin.

Definitely agree with you re NH90

Italeri have released a 1/48 AH-1Z

I am pretty sure that Attic Aircraft released a 1:48 resin conversion For the HH-3 - you may still find one somewhere.

Agree with you re 1/35 M777
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 12:33:20 PM by GTX_Admin »
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline LemonJello

• MARPAT Master
« Reply #155 on: November 26, 2012, 11:22:07 AM »
Well there is a Collect-Aire Resin A-12 in 1/48.  You can still find them from time to time (I have 2)

I seem to recall reading that Airfix are going to release a 1/48 Merlin.

Definitely agree with you re NH90

Italeri have released a 1/48 AH-1Z

I am pretty sure that Attic Aircraft released a 1:48 resin conversion - you may still find one somewhere.

Agree with you re 1/35 M777

I'm eventually going to try and scratch an A-12, which will ensure its release in plastic just as I'm about done...

I'll have to check out Airfix for the Merlin, I've seen the Lynx kits and they look pretty sharp.

Is Italeri's Zulu Cobra really a Z, or is it a W with some obvious changes (4 bladed rotor)?

The M198 kit came out just as the triple 7 replaced it with the Corps, so I suppose we'll get a kit of the M777 when its replaced/retired.

Offline ChrisF

• Doesn't mind rough when he knows its gonna be rough...
  • Ham-fisted? Maybe. Master modeller? Definitely!
« Reply #156 on: November 26, 2012, 10:40:29 PM »
Airfix are definately doing a merlin i saw it at Telford..

However the price is pretty steep  :-\

http://www.airfix.com/airfix-products/new-models-for-2012/aircraft-148-scale/a14101-agustawestland-merlin-hc-a14101/

Chris

Offline Diamondback

• SC
  • Head of the crew dog fan boy club
« Reply #157 on: November 26, 2012, 10:45:17 PM »
Did I mention a new-tool F-106 done to modern standards? One that ISN'T the stuff of a psychotic episode trying to make it fit together? Seriously, the Revell kit makes Eastern Car Works passenger railcars look like 'Shake The Box', and their warping problems are the stuff of industry legends...

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Was left standing in front when everyone else took one step back...
  • Global Moderator
  • Putting the "pro" in procrastination since...?
« Reply #158 on: November 26, 2012, 11:26:08 PM »
<...> Is Italeri's Zulu Cobra really a Z, or is it a W with some obvious changes (4 bladed rotor)? <...>

AFAIK, they changed more than just the rotors, but it's still miles away from an actual Zulu.
Cheers,
Moritz

"The appropriate response to reality is to go insane!"

Offline The Big Gimper

• Any model will look better in RCAF, SEAC or FAA markings
  • Global Moderator
  • Cut. Cut. Cut. Measure. Cut. Cut. Crap. Toss.
    • Photobucket Modeling Album
« Reply #159 on: November 26, 2012, 11:56:45 PM »
Did I mention a new-tool F-106 done to modern standards? One that ISN'T the stuff of a psychotic episode trying to make it fit together? Seriously, the Revell kit makes Eastern Car Works passenger railcars look like 'Shake The Box', and their warping problems are the stuff of industry legends...

It would be nice to have all the remaining old-tool century fighters updated along with the unbuilts. IE (R)F-101 (A to H), F-106 (A, B, C, D and E), F-108 (styrene, not resin) and F-109 (styrene, not resin).
Work in progress ::

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

User and abuser of Bothans...

Stargazer2006

« Reply #160 on: November 27, 2012, 07:26:22 AM »

It would be nice to have all the remaining old-tool century fighters updated along with the unbuilts. IE (R)F-101 (A to H), F-106 (A, B, C, D and E), F-108 (styrene, not resin) and F-109 (styrene, not resin).

Not to mention the first F-100B (ventral intake instead of dorsal), the F-103 (in styrene), the VTOL F-104...

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
« Reply #161 on: November 27, 2012, 07:32:10 AM »

Not to mention the first F-100B (ventral intake instead of dorsal), the F-103 (in styrene), the VTOL F-104...

To model company(s) where ever you are; been waiting decades for 1/72 styrene F-90 and B-51

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #162 on: November 27, 2012, 12:03:10 PM »

To model company(s) where ever you are; been waiting decades for 1/72 styrene F-90 and B-51

How could I miss the F-103. Slap me on the side of the head.  >:(

And all flying thingies VTOL, STOL and V/STOL.

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

Offline LemonJello

• MARPAT Master
« Reply #163 on: December 31, 2012, 05:09:56 AM »
I would like a 1/35, plastic kit of the Chenowith Scorpion Desert Patrol Vehicle. We've got the RSOV and Land Rover Wolf kits, so why not the SEAL dune buggy?

Offline Litvyak

• Shifting between quantum realities...
  • Althistorian & profiler...& the 1st lady of whiff
    • Dominion of British Columbia
« Reply #164 on: December 31, 2012, 05:16:27 AM »
An all-new 1/72 CF-100.

Yeah and... good/better Belvedere and Sycamore in 1/72 as well!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 05:22:47 AM by Litvyak »
"God save our Queen and heaven bless the Maple Leaf forever!"

Dominion of BC - https://dominionofbc.miraheze.org/wiki/British_Columbia

"Bernard, this doesn't say anything!" "Why thank you, Prime Minister."

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Global Moderator
« Reply #165 on: December 31, 2012, 08:30:55 AM »
I would like a 1/35, plastic kit of the Chenowith Scorpion Desert Patrol Vehicle. We've got the RSOV and Land Rover Wolf kits, so why not the SEAL dune buggy?

I think Hobby Boss did announce such a vehicle in their 2012-2013 catalogue. They released some stuff that wasn't announced in their catalogue in 2012, so I guess the buggy will come sooner or later.
Cheers,
Moritz

Offline finsrin

« Reply #166 on: December 31, 2012, 04:47:34 PM »
Feels like its time for a new big airplane model that has been ignored by model companies.   >>>  1/72 C-133  <<<
1/72 B-15 would be welcomed too !

Offline Spey Phantom

• 1/144 addict
  • the modeler formerly known as Nils.
« Reply #167 on: December 31, 2012, 07:20:42 PM »
i wish Revell would stop re-releasing the Airbus A320 and Boeing 737 over and over again every year.

when are they going to re-release other types like the Boeing 767 or A330, so i can finally make a decent tanker conversion that doenst cost an arm and a leg?

a decent 1/144 F-4E/F would be welcome, and as for airfix or revell, please re-release the 1/72 F-84F Thunderstreak and/or RF-84F Thunderflash.
on the bench:
-various models

on the drawing board:
-various 1/72 TinTin aircraft
-1/72 Eurocopter Tiger (Belgian Army)
-various other 1/72 and 1/144 aircraft

Offline Diamondback

• SC
« Reply #168 on: December 31, 2012, 07:37:38 PM »
Heck, I wish Revell would just clean up and rework the badly-overaged tooling they use on their catalog-staple products... the Apache (I'm sorry, it's otherwise got the makings of a good kit but a decent AH-64 should NOT require surgery to get the side bulges to fit right!), the various Tomcat variants and the WWII and Century Series kits. About the only "add glue, drop together and paint" (which IMO is how a kit worth its production cost should be) release from them I've seen recently, at least Revell USA, is their Strike Eagle. Their Prowler dropped together mostly OK, but it still has a lot of the bugs of the Intruder its tool was modified from.

Their F-106... well, I'm only tackling the little nightmare for a prof, and even if a better kit cost $50-75 if one came out I would Sale/Trade List the bloody PITA in a heartbeat.

Offline finsrin

« Reply #169 on: January 02, 2013, 04:20:36 PM »
Model companies:  be first out with a 1/72 M-4 Bison bomber.

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #170 on: January 03, 2013, 04:05:31 AM »
Did anyone flag the Monogram 1/72 F-16XL? This is another uber over priced model when on eBay. Should also be made available in 1/48.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #171 on: January 03, 2013, 04:33:37 AM »
Did anyone flag the Monogram 1/72 F-16XL? This is another uber over priced model when on eBay. Should also be made available in 1/48.

Be careful what you wish for :)

There was a 1:48th scale "conversion" for the F-16XL available from someone doing business as Attic Models.  There were some "issues" with this model and it was apparently severe enough that this company is no longer in business.  No link provided as it would be like beating a dead horse at this point.  ;)
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Global Moderator
« Reply #172 on: January 03, 2013, 05:32:11 AM »
Oh yeah, Monogram's F-16XL is one I'd also like t see re-released.  :)
The less said about the Attic abomination, the better.  :uuu: Someone posted a few pics on ARC and the parts looked absolutely horrible.
Cheers,
Moritz

Offline Artoor_K

• On the run from Polish Rivet Counters...
  • Use the power of your dreams!
« Reply #173 on: January 03, 2013, 07:40:05 AM »
Revell - please! 1:32 X-wing instead of announced 1:30 X-wing!
Hasegawa - 1:48 Macross YF-21 , VF-25 , YF-29.
Italeri or Academy - 1:35 RAH-66 Comanche , please!

Anybody...make these, pleeeaseee!
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/173/2/d/Looking_for_trouble____by_contrail09.jpg

and of course styrene 1:32 Yukikaze's - FFR-31MR D and FRX-00
Sickening, weakening
Don't let another somber pariah consume your soul
You need strengthening, toughening
It takes a bit of dark to rekindle the fire burning in you
Ignite the fire within you

Offline Diamondback

• SC
« Reply #174 on: January 03, 2013, 07:42:34 AM »
Well, the Monogram XL had some issues... with a correction, I'd like to see it reissued in both 1/72 and new 1/48 single- and -two-seater versions.

Ditto the 1/48 "F-19", preferably with a mechanism added so you can have both wingtips synchronized in motion and stay in whatever position you put them in. (I know, it was never built, but it's such a cool-looking bird it shoulda been at least given serious study to.)