Author Topic: Revell Thermopylae  (Read 21367 times)

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
Re: Revell Thermopylae
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2017, 01:52:08 AM »
Well, there's a win, right there! :)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline andonio64

• Fio Piccolo's understudy
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2017, 07:16:17 PM »
It's  Beauty kpnuts, and you're right to feel proud of it!

I cannot understand why your wife is afraid...  ;D

Offline kpnuts

• Life Saving Hero!!!
  • The man has paddle wheels on the brain...
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2017, 03:37:36 AM »
Hi all, well that's one mast finished, only 2 more to go.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2017, 07:24:17 PM »
I'm a drooling wreck curled up in a corner of my study & I'm only looking at the photo's of it! :o
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline kpnuts

• Life Saving Hero!!!
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2017, 03:06:32 AM »
Hi all well this is shelved again for a while I've broken the (I don't know what it's called) the bit that tensions the bowsprit, I'm not actually sure how to fix it as it's very thin plastic and superglue doesn't seem to work I'm so annoyed at my clumsiness, this is the fourth time I've broken something on this kit. I will fix it, it's just annoying.

Online Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2017, 06:10:42 AM »
Is your CA glue fast-acting or the slow type?  That may help with your repairs.
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2017, 06:28:09 PM »
Can you replace the part with brass or real wood? ???

Offline kpnuts

• Life Saving Hero!!!
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2017, 02:54:18 AM »
Hi all well fixed part so back on it again.

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2017, 12:30:39 PM »
Bravo, sir! :)

Offline Volkodav

• Counts rivits with his abacus...
  • Much older now...but procrastinating about it
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2017, 03:34:23 PM »
Wow, very nice!

Offline kpnuts

• Life Saving Hero!!!
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2017, 03:41:10 AM »
Hi all here's the next update got the anchor chains the anchors and populated the ship with sailors.

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2017, 06:02:29 PM »
Crew, too! Looking good! :D

Offline kpnuts

• Life Saving Hero!!!
« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2017, 01:29:08 AM »
Hi all on the last leg now.

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2017, 03:36:45 PM »
Excellent! :smiley:

Offline kpnuts

• Life Saving Hero!!!
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2017, 01:49:00 AM »
Well I'm livid I was hoping to finish this tonight (so close and now so far) I picked it up to turn it round to do the rigging on the left side of the second mizzen sail and it slipped from my fingers, if I'd let it fall it would probably landed on the floor on it's stand with no damage instead clumsy me tried to save it I broke the bowsprit (again) it took Supreme control not to hurl it at the wall I've managed to create a heath Robinson collection of weights and threads to pull it all together and get all the rigging true (the dolphin striker will be a bit twisted though) I'm hoping when all set it will still all be true and I won't have to strip all the rigging off and start again. I really am cross, I mean really cross, I came so close to finishing her grrr.

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2017, 10:51:14 PM »
Oh, Gawd! :o

However, if anyone can pull off the recovery, it's you, mate! :smiley:

Offline kpnuts

• Life Saving Hero!!!
« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2017, 06:08:46 PM »
Hi all well it's finally finished.
Just one question, I know which one goes on the main mast from the box art but where do these other flags go.

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2017, 11:13:29 PM »
Beautiful!!!  Considering all that has befallen you while working on it, it looks gorgeous and a tribute to your skills.

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2017, 11:16:21 PM »
Beautiful!!!  Considering all that has befallen you while working on it, it looks gorgeous and a tribute to your skills.

Great job, Robert! :smiley: :smiley: :icon_alabanza: :icon_alabanza: