Author Topic: Cartel air force indigenous bomber aircraft "Stingbat"  (Read 2610 times)

Offline Diavel

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
Cartel air force indigenous bomber aircraft "Stingbat"
« on: February 15, 2013, 06:27:33 AM »
During the 1960's the Cartel took over a government aeronautical factory and its airfield,here the Nazi aero engineers were put to work designing and building aircraft for the then revolutionary armed forces. One design that came to fruition was a virtual copy of the Arado E555. Several versions were built one including the forward fuselage from an IL-28 Beagle and the others with the original design of cockpit. Over the years these aircraft were used in several roles, from anti shipping, the dropping of "packages" to covert destinations and in its final guise night interdiction. The remaining aircraft of which it is thought are only two or three are used in a less frontline service, one being a night bomber/stand off missile carrier. This aircraft, has been upgraded with new avionics, night flying electronics and the capability to carry and use air to ground and air to air missiles. One such upgrade is a pod on the upper rear fuselage which houses 5 Russian built SA-7 missiles. This modification is what gives the aircraft the nickname Stingbat. engine wise the aircraft is thought to be powered by a pair of non afterburning Tumansky R-11's surplus from the many mig-21's acquired by the cartel.

Chris   
Just call me the thread killer.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
Re: Cartel air force indigenous bomber aircraft "Stingbat"
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 06:38:32 AM »
 :)
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 07:32:36 AM »
Nice one, Chris! The paint scheme certainly fits the missions!

Brian da Basher

Offline taiidantomcat

• Plastic Origamist...and not too shabby with the painting either!
  • Stylishly late...because he was reading comics
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 10:36:42 AM »
Oh I like that camo!!  :)
"They know you can do anything, So the question is, what don't you do?"

-David Fincher

Offline Diavel

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 08:53:17 PM »
Cheers,
The camo is all Tamiya acrylics, the base coat being NATO black, and the camo bits are flat black and black green. I wanted it to have a suitable night ops scheme, that hints of its ancestry back in WW2 Germany.
Chris
Just call me the thread killer.