Author Topic: Old Wombat's Old Stuff (Pt.7)  (Read 2953 times)

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
Old Wombat's Old Stuff (Pt.7)
« on: December 14, 2013, 06:55:45 PM »
A couple of LAV-150's & a M-60 I did for a What If... Africa GB

Build album slideshow link: http://s459.photobucket.com/user/GPlachy/slideshow/What-If%20Africa%20Builds

:)

Guy
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline father ennis

• I got paint older than most of you guys ...
  • Our Scifi, armour-building Rennissance Priest...
Re: Old Wombat's Old Stuff (Pt.7)
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 01:40:11 PM »
 :o. WOW !!!!!!    :-*
I may be old but I'm not dead ... yet anyway ... !!!    And NO I did not know Richard III !!!!!!

Offline Claymore

• It's all done with smoke and mirrors!
  • Alt Hist AFV guy with a thing for Bradley turrets
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 05:06:51 PM »
Wow indeed! They look absolutely excellent. Great work.  :-* :)
Pass the razor saw, there is work to be done!

Offline Queeg

• Master armour builder
  • Lost but now foun .... nope - still lost!
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 07:33:50 PM »
 :-* :-* :-*  You nailed the whole "Wildgeese" thing with these. The 150 is a real stunner .........

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 01:36:49 AM »
Thanks, fellas! :D

FYI:

The back story for these builds is based on His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah, King of Kings of Ethiopia, Elect of God, surviving the Soviet-backed Derg coup of 1974 &, in fact, defeating it. Pushing most of the few surviving rebels out of Ethiopia into Somalia & Sudan, although some hid in Eritrea.

Fearing a repeat of the coup attempt, he strengthens his old ties with the British & the Commonwealth. My (vague) cycle of the main MBT's/AFV's/APC's/armoured-cars for Ethiopia is; Centurions/Scorpions & Scimitars/M-113's/FV721 Foxes's (1975-1982), M-60's/LAV-150's/M-113's/Luchs' (1982-2000), Challengers/Warriors/LAV-III's/Bushmasters (2000- ).

The dates are only general & based on the operational dates of the tanks, the other vehicles being phased into & out-of service over a broader time scale.

:)

Guy
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Dr. YoKai

• Was in High School when mastadons roamed the plains...
  • A notorious curmudgeon who is partial to...hemp!
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2013, 05:22:17 AM »
Mighty nice!