Author Topic: CombatACE - Thirdwire: Strike Fighters 2 Series - "Masquerade"  (Read 2407 times)

Offline The Big Gimper

• Any model will look better in RCAF, SEAC or FAA markings
  • Global Moderator
  • Cut. Cut. Cut. Measure. Cut. Cut. Crap. Toss.
    • Photobucket Modeling Album
Folks:

Over at the What If Forum there is a very active thread based on CombatACE - Strike Fighters 2 material called " Spinners Strike Fighters". The owner/contributor is called "Spinners". DOH!! RW name is Alf Williams. He and others do a technique called "Masquerade". A bit of research led me to finding these images can be accessed outside of What If forum.

To quote the original thread description for the Masquerade technique:

Anyway, this thread is for 'what if's' that use an aircraft to pretend to be an entirely different aircraft and probably from a different nation. This isn't just decals added to an F-14 to make an RAF Tomcat (guilty as charged!) but something entirely different like my Aero L.23 that is a Super Mystere masquerading as a fictional Cold War Czech fighter.

Anyways to get back to the original point, Spinners and other Masquerade contributor's works are posted here: Thirdwire: Strike Fighters 2 Series - Sci-Fi/Anime/What If Forum.

Recent Example: Blackburn Boudicca Mk.IIC - No.26 Squadron, Royal Air Force, 1941 (aka IL-2M)

Source: Spinners Photobucket Album

If you want, you can also visit Spinners Photobucket page here.

Enjoy.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 09:27:42 PM by The Big Gimper »
Work in progress ::

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

User and abuser of Bothans...

Offline Crbad

• I'd buy that for a dollar!
Re: CombatACE - Thirdwire: Strike Fighters 2 Series - "Masquerade"
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 06:10:06 AM »
I used to visit the what-if forums, but for some reason I ve been unable to access the site for a couple of months now. It's a bummer because I've had a lot of inspiration from that site. :(
Craig's Bureau of Aeronautics Design: Shoddy engineering and marginal skill for the undiscerning modelling enthusiast.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Re: CombatACE - Thirdwire: Strike Fighters 2 Series - "Masquerade"
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 06:16:36 AM »
Spinner's always had good screen captures of his work at WhatIfModelers.  Asked him a long time ago if he would join us here but he declined the offer, stating he had too many other forums to visit so that was the last I saw of him. :(

Good to see he is sharing his work where it can be seen and enjoyed outside of whatifmodelers.
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg