Author Topic: Learjet  (Read 10391 times)

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
Re: Learjet
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2024, 06:22:05 AM »
The next version ?

by DreamsOfMachineArt.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2024, 01:26:58 AM »
Cool.  AI Generated I presume?
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2024, 05:52:27 AM »
Cool.  AI Generated I presume?

Yes, one of the few AI pics that don't distort & does make sense.

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2024, 05:47:19 AM »
How about a modification to the fuselage to incorporate a small door in the underside of the aircraft to allow cargo to be dropped?  Something similar was done with two Douglas A-26 Invaders that were modified for covert supply drops and operated by the CIA.  A clam-shell type door or better yet, a drop down ramp style door so that cargo could be delivered by air drop.

I reviewed my memories and, if you are willing to depressurize for the drop, drop hatch installations do exist, generally opposite the main door at the front of the fuselage.

Offline elmayerle

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2024, 05:51:07 AM »
An idea for a Learjet 35/36XR incorporating the inboard wing glove tank of the Lear 25G conversion and a similar thickening of the engine pylons to reduce interference drag.  And then an extended range version of that with underwing tanks, possibly with pylons again designed to reduce interference drag.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2024, 06:03:03 AM »
Why not go with a pair of "slipper tanks" (an example of which can be found in the old Hawk Models/Testors//Italeri U-2C kit) in lieu of pylons under wing and attached fuel tank?
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline elmayerle

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2024, 11:02:30 AM »
Why not go with a pair of "slipper tanks" (an example of which can be found in the old Hawk Models/Testors//Italeri U-2C kit) in lieu of pylons under wing and attached fuel tank?
Possibly.  I was looking at what could be done with the existing tip tanks in a new location.  Perhaps a very short pylon with a fairing so that the tank appears as a slipper tank, though you might have clearance problems with the flaps that way.

Offline raafif

• Whiffing Insane
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2024, 03:54:33 PM »
over-wing tanks like the Lightning ? ???