Author Topic: Riich Models  (Read 21345 times)

Online Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Riich Models
« on: January 19, 2012, 06:12:07 PM »
Riich Models, a relatively new company from China has several model kits now for sale or soon to be available. 

The one that really caught my eye was the recent announcement of a new tool 1/35th scale M109A6 Paladin 155mm Self-Propelled Gun/Howitzer kit (product number RV35006).  No additional details are available at this time on the Riich Models web page, not even an image of the kit box which was sourced from AFV News so that a reference image was available. 

Riich Models 1/35th scale M109A6 Paladin 155mm Self-Propelled Gun/Howitzer kit (product number RV35006)

(Click on image to view larger image.  Image source:AFV News)

Certainly a very nice alternative to the low-budget-one-size-fits-all Italeri kit that is soft on the details that some modelers have come to expect from current model kit manufacturing technology.  Of course with that new tool mold there will be a much higher price to pay for the model but you know what they say, if you want to play then you have to pay. 

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= 

Some of the other products available from Riich Models include the following model subjects:

Naval

1/350th scale USS Los Angeles Class Flight I SSN-688 (product number RN 28005)

(Click on html or image to view additional details. Image source:Riich Models)

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= 

1/350th scale USS Los Angeles Class Flight II (VLS) SSN (product number RN 28006)

1/350th scale USS Los Angeles Class Flight III (improved 688 class) SSN (product number RN28007)

Figures

WWII British Leader set "ROAD TO VICTORY" (product number RV35023)

*edit to reduce size of images using width=XXX height=XXX
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 05:59:51 AM by Jeffry Fontaine »
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline LemonJello

• MARPAT Master
  • Member number 100...WooHoo!!!
Re: Riich Models
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 11:29:13 PM »
They've also announced a plastic Maxx Pro 4x4 MRAP as an alternative to the resin Legends kit:

http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=10473&mode=thread&order=0

Online Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 02:22:51 AM »
Michael has uploaded a kit review with images of the box contents for the Riich Models 1/350th scale USS Los Angeles (SSN-688) Flight I Class Submarine (Kit number 759) to CyberModeler for your viewing pleasure. 

(Image source: Michael Benolkin/CyberModeler)

Not a lot of parts and the first of three in the series of LA Class submarines.  A shame that Riich did not include the Dry Deck Shelter that is often seen on this class of submarine.  Maybe someone will offer that as an accessory later on for those folks that would like to model the special operations mission boats. 
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 05:57:08 AM by Jeffry Fontaine »
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Online Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 04:06:33 AM »
Good news for everyone that has been pining for a better Universal Carrier in 1:35th scale.  Riich Models has released a kit number and an image of the box art that you can see at PMMS via this link: ------> RV35011 Universal Carrier Mk.I w/Crew (more info when available)

Offline jcf

• Global Moderator
  • Turn that Gila-copter down!
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 02:45:48 AM »

Riich 1/35th Skoda RSO Type 175 quick look ...

First Impressions:
It's very nice, very cleanly moulded and well detailed without going
overboard on the parts ala HobbyBoss or Bronco. Around 289 injected
parts (I may have miscounted), a small PE fret (20+ bits o' metal),
small decal sheet, a bit of chain and thread to roll onto the winch drum.
What's really nice is that the chassis frame is a one piece moulding, none
of that multi-piece BS like the above mentioned guilty parties. The cab
is moulded car and truck modelling style (hooray), with the side walls, roof and
windscreen a single very nice moulding, doors and back wall are separate.
One piece steel tires, the holes are slightly flashed over on the inside so
need to drilled out, but that is no biggy.

All in all a nice compromise between the Tamiya approach of simplified
assemblies/ lower part count and the OOT approach of the other Chinese
manufacturers and ICM. From first appraisal moulding is also in the
Tamiya class.

Verdict:
a nice model of a wackdoodle concept that was a complete failure, too underpowered,
didn't work well in the mud of the steppe and had a habit of sliding off the roads
in the west. Steel tires + tarmac or cobbles = woopsidaisy here come da ditch.
 ;D Not one of Herr Doctor Porsche's shining moments.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 03:00:12 AM by jcf »
“Conspiracy theory’s got to be simple.
Sense doesn’t come into it. People are
more scared of how complicated shit
actually is than they ever are about
whatever’s supposed to be behind the
conspiracy.”
-The Peripheral, William Gibson 2014

Online Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 05:25:26 AM »
It appears to have missed its calling as a farm tractor ;)

Online Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 03:03:56 AM »
Luke Pitt has shared some images of the new Riich Models 1:35th scale Universal Carrier Mk.I (with crew) at Missing-Lynx forums

Click on image or html to enjoy the review.

(Image source: Luke Pitt/Missing-Lynx)

A lot of parts and it appears that the spring suspension will be represented by actual metal springs.  Potential carpet monster snacks if you are not careful :)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 03:05:55 AM by Jeffry Fontaine »

Online Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 01:30:39 PM »
Coming soon from Riich Models: WW2 British Commonwealth Weapon Set A (number 30010) and WW2 British Commonwealth Weapon Set B (number 30011)

Click on html or the thumbnail images to view additional images at militarymodels.co.nz.

The BREN Gun on the heavy machine gun mount looks very nice.  A shame that Riich did not do some research on the 100 round ammunition drum magazine that could be used with the BREN and include that in the set but what the heck, two different mounts for the BREN and a good representation of the Enfield SMLE Mk III, No.4 Mk1/2 plus the No. 4 Mk. I (T) Sniper Rifle. 

Offline Buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 02:01:53 PM »
Coming soon from Riich Models: WW2 British Commonwealth Weapon Set A (number 30010) and WW2 British Commonwealth Weapon Set B (number 30011)

Click on html or the thumbnail images to view additional images at militarymodels.co.nz.

The BREN Gun on the heavy machine gun mount looks very nice.  A shame that Riich did not do some research on the 100 round ammunition drum magazine that could be used with the BREN and include that in the set but what the heck, two different mounts for the BREN and a good representation of the Enfield SMLE Mk III, No.4 Mk1/2 plus the No. 4 Mk. I (T) Sniper Rifle.

goody goody. This stuff looks great and a nice array of gear and finally a new Boyes AT rifle and a 2 Inch Mortar.
Having just finished the Riich Bren Carrier with 94,000 parts.. their stuff is quite nice. Hopefully some of the stuff here will not be as over engineered as the Bren Carrier.. stunning as it is.

Online Rickshaw

• "Of course, I could be talking out of my hat"
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2013, 07:05:52 PM »
The Bren Gun drum magazine wasn't popular and so wasn't used much.  It was prone to stoppages due to misfeeds.  It's actually fairly rare to see photos of it after about 1941.

Online Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2013, 06:56:27 AM »
The Bren Gun drum magazine wasn't popular and so wasn't used much.  It was prone to stoppages due to misfeeds.  It's actually fairly rare to see photos of it after about 1941.

Turns out I was off on the actual ammunition capacity of that BREN Gun drum magazine.  The magazine actually contained 200 rounds of .303" which would certainly make it unpopular when mounted and I could well imagine it would be prone to jams at the worst possible moment. 

Online Rickshaw

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2013, 08:15:53 AM »
Actually IIRC you were correct.  There were, I seem to remember two different capacity drum magazines produced, one with 100 rounds and the other with 200 rounds.  Either way, they would have been quite cumbersome.   The Bren was a lovely LMG and I've fired it in both .303in and 7.62x51mm calibres.   While the .303in was more accurate, accuracy isn't necessarily what you want in an LMG.  It used to consistently throw rounds slightly high and to the right because of the rifling.  The 7.62x51mm weapons tended to throw their rounds just to the right.    I always wanted to try it from the tripod but they'd long disappeared by the time I served.  Even without a tripod we used to get six inch groups at 2-300 metres quite easily.  AIUI most of the stoppages were caused by the use of poor spring metal in the helical springs inside the magazines.

Addenda: The 100 rd drum magazine - http://www.forgottenweapons.com/bren-100-round-drum/

I also note though there appears to be some confusion online about how many rounds the Bren's box magazine held.  It was designed to be loaded with a maximum of 32 rounds.  However, experience showed that because of the curvature of the magazine only 30 rounds could be loaded if you didn't want a stoppage.  Many sites claim "30 rounds", which is not quite correct.  In fact you could load about 34 rounds if you were strong enough but it wouldn't feed at all then.  The trick of only loading 30 rounds was one of the first things you were taught.  When the calibre was changed to 7.62x51mm, the warning remained - "never more than 30 rounds!"
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 01:32:49 PM by Rickshaw »

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2013, 05:10:44 PM »
The Czech's designed a lovely weapon in the ZB-26 which was used as the basis for numerous LMG's (locally manufactured or supplied from Czechoslovakia) widely throughout WW2 (on both sides).

:)

Guy
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2014, 05:01:46 AM »
New upcoming releases - I am really interested by the 1/35 S-125 Neva!

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline PR19_Kit

• Likes to brag about how long his...wings are.
  • Made it at last!
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2014, 06:23:09 AM »
I also note though there appears to be some confusion online about how many rounds the Bren's box magazine held.  It was designed to be loaded with a maximum of 32 rounds.  However, experience showed that because of the curvature of the magazine only 30 rounds could be loaded if you didn't want a stoppage.  Many sites claim "30 rounds", which is not quite correct.  In fact you could load about 34 rounds if you were strong enough but it wouldn't feed at all then.  The trick of only loading 30 rounds was one of the first things you were taught.  When the calibre was changed to 7.62x51mm, the warning remained - "never more than 30 rounds!"

When I fired BRENs in the CCF, with live rounds for target shooting 800 yards and below, our Armourer suggested we only loaded 28 rounds if we wanted to ensure we had no jams. That was in the early 60s though and most of our weapons were pretty ancient by then and the mag springs were probably pretty well knackered. I can't rmember having too many jams but we trialled all the BRENs in the armoury and only used the best ones for range work.

I might get that set, just for old time sake, but I bet the BREN won't strip down like the ones I fired.  :)
Regards
Kit

--------------------------
Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings

Online Rickshaw

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2014, 10:31:56 AM »
New upcoming releases - I am really interested by the 1/35 S-125 Neva!

Interesting.  Never seen a twin launcher before, always seen pictures of the quad launcher.  Who'll be first to mount it on a tracked chassis?  ;D

Offline Buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2014, 01:01:01 PM »
... Who'll be first to mount it on a tracked chassis?  ;D
That is becoming a bit of a meme here... and that can only be a good thing 8)

Online Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2014, 01:42:19 PM »
I like the fact that there are now scale models of many of these SAM systems but it would be nice if the model companies would also consider producing the radars associated with each of these air defense missile systems.  Otherwise what good is it to model just the missile which is the perishable item in the system as it needs a surveillance radar to find the target and the height finder radar to establish altitude before the fire control radar can be assigned to the target for engagement.  There are a number of electronics shelters mounted on trucks and trailers that make up the entire battery launch control center and without these you have a very expensive pyrotechnical display.  Of course with the newer SAM systems the separate radars for surveillance, height finder, and fire control radar have been combined in some cases to become a single radar that does all three tasks or two radars to perform the surveillance/height finding and fire control tasks. 

... Who'll be first to mount it on a tracked chassis?  ;D
That is becoming a bit of a meme here... and that can only be a good thing 8)

Looks like Poland did it for realz:

More here at:

Wikipedia - SA-3 Goa
ausairpower.net - Engagement and Fire Control Radars (S-band, X-Band, Ku/K/Ka-band)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 01:46:54 PM by Jeffry Fontaine »

Online Rickshaw

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2014, 06:37:26 PM »
There are several East European model kits available of the fire control radars but they tend to be, because of their size in smaller scales (1/72 or 1/87) and they also tend to be very pricey.   :(

Offline Gingie

• The LAV sausage-maker…goes nice with a home made beer I understand
  • Has been to Tatooine...
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2014, 09:02:16 PM »
There is a 72nd scale kit of the Polish Newa 125, in styrene no less.

Offline taiidantomcat

• Plastic Origamist...and not too shabby with the painting either!
  • Stylishly late...because he was reading comics
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2014, 01:47:58 AM »
I love Soviet SAMs so I'm in hog heaven. Just need to plant another money tree, back in a moment!  ;D
"They know you can do anything, So the question is, what don't you do?"

-David Fincher

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2014, 04:05:20 AM »

Looks like Poland did it for realz:

I believe that was a quite recent offering.  I am tempted to do a 1960s era one on something such as a T-55 hull or BTR-60 or maybe a 1970s one on a MT-LB.

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Was left standing in front when everyone else took one step back...
  • Global Moderator
  • Putting the "pro" in procrastination since...?
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2014, 07:39:16 AM »
How about this?  >:D Combine it with a Dragon 1/35 Scud TEL.  :)

Cheers,
Moritz

"The appropriate response to reality is to go insane!"

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2014, 02:59:22 AM »
Hurry up!!!

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2014, 02:16:13 AM »
Ok, I get confused with many of these Chinese model companies.  First Kinetic say they're releasing a 1/35 M992 and now Riich announce one (with essentially the identical image):

Click on image for more details.