Author Topic: Construction Equipment...cranes, etc  (Read 7256 times)

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
Construction Equipment...cranes, etc
« on: January 27, 2013, 05:04:13 AM »
Just spotted this on www.brianburrell.com:

Makes me wonder about what other ideas you might come up with using various forms of construction equipment.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
Re: Construction Equipment...cranes, etc
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 06:50:23 AM »
a few from my collection ...

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 06:52:22 AM »
more

Offline raafif

• Whiffing Insane
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 06:53:35 AM »
more

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 07:10:15 AM »
That Serbian Bobcat clone and the Swedish Dump Truck-APC are neat. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Diavel

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 08:57:05 AM »
that tractor covered in t corrugated tin looks like it could be out of Borrat
Just call me the thread killer.

Offline Rickshaw

• "Of course, I could be talking out of my hat"
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 09:07:21 AM »
That Serbian Bobcat clone and the Swedish Dump Truck-APC are neat.

I wonder how you see where you're going out of the Bobcat deminer?  The Swedish one needs an armoured cab.

Many decades ago, when I used to wargame in 1/72 scale, I had a large collection of Engineering Plant (it was just something I started collecting for some reason) and I remember in one Vietnam battle we had an NLF attack on an engineers depot as part of a campaign (the objective was to stop the US/ARVN forces clearing forest from the roadside so as to make ambushes more difficult).   At one point, one of the players decided he wanted to fill in the surrounding ditch, so as to allow his vehicles to escape.  As we were using a sandtable, when he asked me "How do I do that?"  I said, "Like this" and started using a model 'dozer to push the sand around, to which he replied, "It's just like playing in the sand!"  ;D
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 09:11:24 AM by Rickshaw »

Offline raafif

• Whiffing Insane
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 11:59:45 AM »
I wonder how you see where you're going out of the Bobcat deminer?  The Swedish one needs an armoured cab.

The Volvo did get an armour package for the cab, I think I remember a pic of the completed vehicle but that was years ago.  Armour packages were to be stored locally & used by the construction company employees (everyone's a reserve soldier) in the event of an un-announced invasion.

The Serbian de-miner is remote-controlled - the seat inside is only there for use in  loading/unloading/maintenance or when the radio-stuff goes U/s.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 12:03:01 PM by raafif »

Offline Kerick

• Reportedly finished with a stripper...
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013, 01:26:48 PM »
What do you do when you don't have a gun truck? Gun tractor! And you can still pull an armored hay wagon.

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Was left standing in front when everyone else took one step back...
  • Global Moderator
  • Putting the "pro" in procrastination since...?
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2013, 03:16:50 PM »
Remote-controlled de-mining flail Bobcat - just the ticket for the Zombie Apocalypse!  C:-)
Cheers,
Moritz

"The appropriate response to reality is to go insane!"

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2013, 03:43:08 PM »
Remote-controlled de-mining flail Bobcat - just the ticket for the Zombie Apocalypse!  C:-)

Welcome to Club Shred :)
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Kerick

• Reportedly finished with a stripper...
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 02:42:27 AM »
The first pic of the M-60 engineer (?) vehicle with the armored box looking over the wall has awesome diorama potential. What vehicle is that from? bridge layer?

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2013, 02:58:31 AM »
The first pic of the M-60 engineer (?) vehicle with the armored box looking over the wall has awesome diorama potential. What vehicle is that from? bridge layer?

It appears to be the AVLB without the bridge component.  The large ground pad can be seen to the front of the vehicle laying flat on the surface and it is possible that the tower is actually attached to this which makes a lot of sense from the view that you need a solid stable base for anything with elevation on it.

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Was left standing in front when everyone else took one step back...
  • Global Moderator
  • Putting the "pro" in procrastination since...?
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2013, 05:45:42 AM »
It appears to be the AVLB without the bridge component.  The large ground pad can be seen to the front of the vehicle laying flat on the surface and it is possible that the tower is actually attached to this which makes a lot of sense from the view that you need a solid stable base for anything with elevation on it.

Model Miniature do a 1/72 kit of this and they call it "Magach Tagash Akrav (on M-60 AVLB)". 

Cheers,
Moritz

"The appropriate response to reality is to go insane!"

Offline raafif

• Whiffing Insane
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2023, 07:52:46 AM »
No promises but I may start this one in January 2024 8)

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2023, 03:20:05 PM »
No promises but I may start this one in January 2024 8)
I wonder how many more of those Accurate Armour FV180 CET kits will have to be purchased before an injection moulded kit is finally released.  Thank you raffif for doing your part.  :smiley: