Author Topic: A Typhoon for Japan!  (Read 2611 times)

Offline Faust

• The man from the Sprue Lagoon...a natural here!
    • The Sprue Lagoon
A Typhoon for Japan!
« on: May 25, 2013, 08:30:04 AM »
It seems that all you ever hear about with respect to the JSF these days is talk about how it’s getting to be ever-more expensive, how they’re detuning the performance to save money and how the program is constantly losing the faith of its very important international customer base.

A while ago, I read in a Combat Aircraft Magazine that Japan basically told Lockheed and the US to get their house in order, or they would cancel their JSF order and reconsider their options. Given that they want to replace the F-4EJ Kai Phantom,  I will admit I don’t even get why they chose the JSF (politics aside).

I mean, to replace a twin-engined, long ranged figher with a single-engined short-ranger is silly, to me. Of course, this got my Whiffer-sense all aboil and I started to wonder what they’d chose instead of the JSF. That’s when I thought of a JASDF Typhoon!

Check out my latest creation, the 1/72 F-13B Typhoon!

Comments, as always, are welcome!

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
Re: A Typhoon for Japan!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 09:27:40 PM »
Nice one, Faust! :)

You could always use the Japanese "Taifū" instead of the English "Typhoon" in naming it, too.

;)

Guy
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Faust

• The man from the Sprue Lagoon...a natural here!
    • The Sprue Lagoon
Re: A Typhoon for Japan!
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 08:12:43 PM »
I was thinking of that, but the Japanese usually use the American names for their US airplanes, don't they? I mean, the Phantom is still called a "Phantom", right? Same with the Eagle, I thought. It seems they don't use their own words for things that they didn't make up themselves.

That was my rationalization, but still, your point is well made! I didn't want to use Kamikaze, another word for a typhoon/tornado, for obvious reasons!