Author Topic: Hunter & FW189, yellow : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.  (Read 588529 times)

Offline Tophe

• He sees things in double...
  • twin-boom & asymmetric fan
    • my models
Re: Ar234 and beer Re: hybrids aircraft/animals and others
« Reply #175 on: April 06, 2015, 07:34:28 PM »
 :-* :-*

I love them! Once more! (or thrice more, as this is a new batch of marvels, thanks!)

Offline ericr

• He's like some sort of Dr Frankenstein of modelling...
  • Has something for red, yellow or blue...
Arado Ar234 and snail/shell Re: hybrids aircraft/animals and others
« Reply #176 on: April 08, 2015, 07:35:36 PM »
thanks Tophe, I am happy to please  ;)

and here comes the other half of the Arado Ar234 : it is the night version, with radar antenna.

And then I stumbled upon a plastic shell looking a bit like that of a snail
(a container for a puzzle figurine of a balloon fish ... this is bound to become something too, but what?  :unsure: :wacko:)

So the building challenge was in scale-matching, kind of ... :rolleyes:

and here is the crossing :

Offline Tophe

• my models
Re: Arado Ar234 and snail/shell Re: hybrids aircraft/animals and others
« Reply #177 on: April 09, 2015, 12:48:47 AM »
I love this new one too! :-*
But... is it flying? And it seems so slow (I imagine snail "speed"), so there is no airflow to lift, but as there is no wing profile for lift this is logical, but what makes airborne? Helium in the "snail's home"? Please explain, this looks funny, not just 2 parts glued together but a far better invention (top secret, I guess :icon_ninja: )... ;)

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
« Reply #178 on: April 09, 2015, 08:26:38 AM »
weirder & weirder !  I'll show these to a psychologist friend of mine ..... I'm sure she'll want to do a whole thesis on you Eric ;D

As usual lots of great imaginative ideas ! :-*

If you find another of those Estonian beer bottles it would make a great Lippschische delta-jet.

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #179 on: April 09, 2015, 12:16:57 PM »
weirder & weirder !  I'll show these to a psychologist friend of mine ..... I'm sure she'll want to do a whole thesis on you Eric ;D
If this thesis gets the Nobel prize, it is deserved by ericr himself, not by the psychologist! And the study should be done at natural state, without injection! Please don't destroy our genious ericr brains, just "special", "different"... ;)

Offline ericr

« Reply #180 on: April 09, 2015, 02:14:03 PM »

As usual lots of great imaginative ideas ! :-*

If you find another of those Estonian beer bottles it would make a great Lippschische delta-jet.

thanks raafif, I take it as a compliment : these ideas come quite naturally to me, the beer even is not necessary  ;)
So it is indeed a case of imagination freely exploring a theme which could be rooted down to the common english expression "what if pigs had wings" : it is at the basis of the notion of What-if, and considered here just a bit litterally with aircraft/animal hybrids (I haven't tried a pig yet, though ...)

Whiffing is about disturbing things a tiny bit, isn't it?

and thanks about the Lippisch idea! now you say it, I nearly feel like tryig to find another of those bottles and, given its size/scale, I would have to find maybe a B-58 hustler for a large enough delta wing.

Offline ericr

« Reply #181 on: April 09, 2015, 02:15:54 PM »
If this thesis gets the Nobel prize, it is deserved by ericr himself, not by the psychologist! And the study should be done at natural state, without injection! Please don't destroy our genious ericr brains, just "special", "different"... ;)

maybe I could try to make a book assembling pictures of all of these inventions ...
but indeed, no injection or ingestion of any particular substance was involved in them  ;)

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #182 on: April 11, 2015, 02:28:40 AM »
maybe I could try to make a book assembling pictures of all of these inventions ...
Let me order one copy right now, no: 2 copies, with 1 in a waterproof security box at the bank (in case the jealous Devil burns my home including The book, your book...) ;)

Offline ericr

« Reply #183 on: April 11, 2015, 03:07:17 AM »
Let me order one copy right now, no: 2 copies, with 1 in a waterproof security box at the bank (in case the jealous Devil burns my home including The book, your book...) ;)

I will keep a copy for you, and autograph it of course ;-)
especially if we can make an exchange with a book of your creation!

Offline taiidantomcat

• Plastic Origamist...and not too shabby with the painting either!
  • Stylishly late...because he was reading comics
« Reply #184 on: April 11, 2015, 01:19:37 PM »
Brilliant and beautiful all at once  :)

Love the 3 colors used on the space beetle  :)
"They know you can do anything, So the question is, what don't you do?"

-David Fincher

Offline ericr

beetle and bulldozer Re: hybrids aircraft/animals and others
« Reply #185 on: April 11, 2015, 11:24:37 PM »
thanks all! your appreciation feeds my inspiration!

and now for something else :
remember this ?

I stumbled upon these :
(I didn't remember to have seen them anywhere)

what a nice Whiffing material !
I don't know yet what I will do with them, but I'll keep you posted ...

I thought I would try out aircraft, but in the end inspiration was much more down to earth
(yes yes, I am down to earth indeed)

I hesitated a bit, but finally chose for this, though it was not cheap, but it has the good looks
(and, with scaling, exactly the right size too, which is part of the very subtle work here  ;D) :

and so here is the hybridization, one way, in blue :

the other way will be posted soon, in red this time
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 11:27:15 PM by ericr »

Offline Volkodav

• Counts rivits with his abacus...
  • Much older now...but procrastinating about it
Re: beetle and bulldozer Re: hybrids aircraft/animals and others
« Reply #186 on: April 12, 2015, 12:45:43 AM »
I really like that.

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
« Reply #187 on: April 13, 2015, 05:52:59 AM »
now that's what I call a Kreepy Krawley crawler ! :D

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #188 on: April 13, 2015, 01:16:55 PM »
Dear ericr, I think you have invented here the very first "utility aircraft with folding wings" ("ailes repliables" in French), and I declare to the whole World: "Ladies and Gentlemen, this genius inventor deserves the Nobel Prize (forever) in the category Science, Work, Brains, except if he is not a human but a Super-Hero. Now let us clap our hands (please, no more than one hour), go!"
(this is a joke, but you deserve our admiration, I am very sure of that) :)

« Reply #189 on: April 13, 2015, 08:15:52 PM »
That is cool  :D but oh man it looks like an armoured cockroach and I can't handle cockroaches  :o
Were going to be finished in 2020 BEFORE I start any da*!#d new ones - Maybe When Hell Freezes Over - again? - CF-IDS Wolverine; Douglas Mawson; Bubba Wants a Fishin' Rig; NA F-100

Against the Wall - Maton Dreadnought; Fender Telecaster; Epiphone Les Paul Stud

Offline ericr

thanks all!

now the other way around, also a bit creepy, necessarily :

the head lights give a sympathetic look, though, not?

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
Clearly a case of genetic engineering, and integration, gone mad.  Beautiful work but, as you said, a touch creepy.  Imagine the shock at night to find a bunch of those running around your house with the headlights on.

Offline Tophe

• my models
A zoologist friend of mine asked: "why are there 8 legs, is this a spider? the Real one is an insect so having 6 legs only (according to the rare blurred photographs of it, found in cameras of disappeared (eaten?) human investigators..."
 ;) 

Offline ericr

thanks for the appreciation!

actually, it has 6 legs : the two others are more like horns in the original beast called lucanus cervus :

Offline raafif

• Whiffing Insane
I wouldn't be at all surprised if these two star in the next Japanese Manga film .... Godzilla & Mothra have had their day :)

Offline Tophe

• my models
A zoologist friend of mine asked: "why are there 8 legs, is this a spider? the Real one is an insect so having 6 legs only (according to the rare blurred photographs of it, found in cameras of disappeared (eaten?) human investigators..."
 ;)

Ups, you are very right, ericr: this zoologist was a wrong dream of mine, while your bulldozer-beetle hybrid is full Reality (I am awake now), and Wikipédia fully confirms your great knowledge: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelicerae
Thanks again, the World out there is fascinating enough, with such hybrids, colourful moreover :-* , no need of daydreaming ;)

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
Two bulldozer and beetle versions are a kick.
Took some kitbashing insight to see those build combos.

Offline ericr

thanks again for your reactions!

Two bulldozer and beetle versions are a kick.
Took some kitbashing insight to see those build combos.

I begin to have quite some training in that sort of "kitbashing insight" indeed  ;)

The next thing will concern the ant kit which goes with these insects, and given its shape and size, I have long thought about it, and just recently bought what i think is a good match, in length (for width, it will require a bit pof imagination ...) : an Airfix 1/32 Triumph TR4A : wait and see ... ... ...

Offline ericr

F5A and arrow suction cup Re: hybrids aircraft/animals and others
« Reply #198 on: April 19, 2015, 04:28:03 AM »
but before animalizing again, and to come back to aircraft, just a little adaptation of PM 1/72 F-5A kit (I found a few dozens very cheap some time ago) with the suction cup tips from arrows :

Offline Tophe

• my models
Re: F5A and arrow suction cup Re: hybrids aircraft/animals and others
« Reply #199 on: April 19, 2015, 12:52:55 PM »
but before animalizing again, and to come back to aircraft, just a little adaptation of PM 1/72 F-5A kit (I found a few dozens very cheap some time ago) with the suction cup tips from arrows :
Great! I have never accepted the dictatorship of aerodynamics! Let our airplane models feel free...
Well, as both you and I are French speaking, I wondered if this "'(aerodynamic) drag for fun" hides a sexual meaning of what. I checked and this seems confirmed :-[
to drag = to pick up a girl
drag --> "traînée" --> prostitute
These innocent scale models were hinding a shame, no?  ;)