Author Topic: Queegs Tank Treadz ..... Project '46 stuff  (Read 97197 times)

Offline Queeg

• Master armour builder
  • Lost but now foun .... nope - still lost!
Re: Queegs Tank Treadz ..... M1A1 Abrams detailing finished
« Reply #250 on: August 08, 2014, 06:40:00 AM »
Thanx for looking lads, I know there's been a few posts of these guys lol  The Abrams has soaked up close to 80hrs and at a rough count has had 400ish extra bits of plastic, brass and resin added ... I've got a customers job of some 1/72nd Panthers to do after these and dare I say it but I'm kinda looking fwd to some OOB builds ......

Anyway the base shading is on them now. Tidied up the rear bustle tarp by adding straps, green stuff and a little grinding to get it to nestle down properly. One of my peeve is "loose" or unsecured stowage, OCD I know. Todays job is adding a little more wear n tear, uping the contrasts a little and pigments, the end is definitely in sight. Oh I've also got to pin the rear tow cable eyelet, the end is resin and it's in a dumb place and keeps breaking. I should've hunted out plastic ends ...... grrrrr

Brent

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
Re: Queegs Tank Treadz ..... M1A1 Abrams shading
« Reply #251 on: August 08, 2014, 01:47:40 PM »
Wish I had half the talent ... in 1/35th! :icon_crap:
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
Re: Queegs Tank Treadz ..... M1A1 Abrams shading
« Reply #252 on: August 09, 2014, 04:19:52 AM »
That's some absolutely top-shelf paintwork!

Brian da Basher

Offline Queeg

• Master armour builder
Re: Queegs Tank Treadz ..... M-ATVs finished
« Reply #253 on: August 11, 2014, 06:42:51 AM »
Hot on the heels of the finished Abrams are the M-ATVs. They came out pretty well considering .......

Brent

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
« Reply #254 on: August 11, 2014, 09:33:30 AM »
I'd say they came out considerably better than "... pretty well considering ..." :)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline LemonJello

• MARPAT Master
  • Member number 100...WooHoo!!!
« Reply #255 on: August 11, 2014, 08:32:50 PM »
I'd say they came out considerably better than "... pretty well considering ..." :)

Quoted for truth.  Really fine work!

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #256 on: August 14, 2014, 03:11:14 AM »

Concur! They look museum quality to me!

Hat's off to you Mr Jello for yet more magnificent work!

Brian da Basher

Offline Queeg

• Master armour builder
Re: Queegs Tank Treadz ..... Project '46 stuff
« Reply #257 on: September 03, 2014, 05:40:50 PM »
Recent progress on some 20mm stuff (seems oddly small after working on 1/48th for so long).  My IS-4, PaK44 and Challenger1 that I've been making slow progress on (wips pics back in the thread somewhere) are all finally nearly there. Most of the lining and shading is done so left to do are touch ups, some detailing and QC stuff and final weathering then they're ready for the gaming table.

Brent

IS-4M

PaK44

Challenger 1

« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 05:43:27 PM by Queeg »

Offline taiidantomcat

• Plastic Origamist...and not too shabby with the painting either!
  • Stylishly late...because he was reading comics
« Reply #258 on: September 03, 2014, 07:32:54 PM »
Great work all around! I love the IS-4M camo pattern!! It steals the show!!  :-*

From a whif perspective that Challenger is an awesome tank, the Tamiya kit is super adaptable and I almost bought a stack of them in 1/35, but I didn't have the cash at that time  :(
"They know you can do anything, So the question is, what don't you do?"

-David Fincher

Offline Buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
« Reply #259 on: September 04, 2014, 06:40:16 AM »
Very consistent quality of work Brent,  no matter what scale you work in.

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #260 on: September 04, 2014, 07:25:25 AM »
I just can't get over how you get the detail to POP! on these mini-scale subjects! :icon_surprised: