Author Topic: LF: 48th scale Academy CH-53E Main Rotor Blade Parts  (Read 2659 times)

Offline Diamondback

• SC
  • Head of the crew dog fan boy club
LF: 48th scale Academy CH-53E Main Rotor Blade Parts
« on: December 09, 2012, 12:06:54 PM »
From an Academy CH-53E, one rotor blade and one strut going from knuckle to swashplate (kit includes eight, needs seven; I cannot seem to find my #8 set for upgrading the MH-53X's rotor.)

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Re: LF: 48th scale Academy CH-53E Main Rotor Blade Parts
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 01:21:52 PM »
You may also want to consider the 1:48th scale Revell CH-53 with the BundesGrenschutz markings since it comes with both flavors of rotor blade in that kit. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Diamondback

• SC
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 01:26:20 PM »
Jeffry, I actually have both kits (planning to build a "standard" Pave Low IV to display alongside the the PL-V), and the G version blade is slightly smaller, plus it has part of the hub molded on which makes it a dicey fit.

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • Holding Pattern
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding...
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 02:24:33 AM »
From an Academy CH-53E, one rotor blade and one strut going from knuckle to swashplate (kit includes eight, needs seven; I cannot seem to find my #8 set for upgrading the MH-53X's rotor.)

I think I can help here, if it's the 1/48 kit.  I've got one in the stash but I got to find it again.  I had only just reboxed all the kits I had dragged out of the storage boxes along with many of the recent purchases about a month ago, so I could get my hobby bench into the room.  I thought it was in a particular box but when I looked just now, it wasn't in that one.  Or it might be that I hadn't gone deep enough into the box.  If you're not in a rush, I'll have another try at finding it later, but most of the weekends now until the New Year are going to be pretty busy and there's not enough time to do everything.

Offline Diamondback

• SC
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 09:34:11 AM »
Thanks, Kitnut; this is an "absolutely no hurry whatsoever" project, especially since I have to fabricate an entire new rotor-head from scratch and only have weekends to build on.