Author Topic: Lockheed U-2C CIA - Testors 1/48  (Read 714 times)

Offline Rod The Fixer

• Hi mates!
Lockheed U-2C CIA - Testors 1/48
« on: September 10, 2022, 12:40:29 AM »
Hi all,

I'm assembling this old testor kit:

to make the famous Lockheed U-2C

https://www.airhistory.net

This single-seat, single-engine, high-altitude reconnaissance aircraft, was used by CIA, NASA, and USAF.
This U-2 flew the first operational mission over the USSR on 4 July 1956. Hervey Stockman was the pilot.
Still shrouded in secrecy over 35 years after its creation, the Lockheed U-2C was originally designed as a strategic reconnaissance aircraft, playing a crucial role during the tense years of the Cold War.
Built by the famous ‘Skunk Works" by Lockheed under the direction of Clarence L. "Kelly" Johnson, the U-2C was truly one of the most successful intelligence- gathering aircraft ever produced.

Actually I had wanted to make the plane used by Nasa but some problems that arose with the decals, mainly due to their "oldness" and the impossibility of finding similar decals on the market, "forced" me to change my plans and make the model used by the CIA.

Here's the result and I hope you like it

by Rodolfo Masti, on Flickr

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
Re: Lockheed U-2C CIA - Testors 1/48
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2022, 12:42:44 AM »
 :smiley:
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline THUNDER AMU

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
Re: Lockheed U-2C CIA - Testors 1/48
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2022, 07:20:32 PM »
The fit and finish on this piece is exquisite! having been up close to the real deal, I can say you have properly captured the Dragon. Correctly modelling any of those black recon birds is tough.

Thunder